From “mom and pop” art galleries to museums, JSIS offers a wide range of insurance policies for the Fine Arts trade. Our knowledge and understanding of the world of Fine Arts & Collectibles separates us from our competition. As experts in the field, we maintain a comprehensive understanding of the values and trends of the international art market. Being the insurance and art professionals that we are,we not only assist our clients to protect their assets but also provide expert advice on loss prevention, mitigation and conservation. We have one goal in mind: to protect you against financial loss and help preserve your work for generations to come.
Contingent upon your situation, coverage options differ from policy to policy; however, the most common coverages found in a typical Fine Art policy are:
- Fine Art coverage (on premises): All Risk of Physical Loss and/or Damages to Fine Arts at your premises. At your request, this may or may not include coverage for losses resulting from Earthquake. Furthermore, JSIS offers Fine Arts coverage on either a wholesale or retail basis.
- Fairs and Exhibitions: All Risk of Physical Loss and/or Damages to Fine Arts within the USA, Canada or Worldwide while at display at Art Fairs and Exhibitions.
- Transit Coverage: Whether being personally conveyed or being shipped domestically and internationally.
Please note, the following coverages may or may not be included in the policy depending on the insurance carrier. In the case that it is not included, the coverage may be purchased in a separate policy:
- General Liability: Covers the cost of defending lawsuits stemming from accidents on your premises, trip and fall situations, libel and slander as well as false advertising.
- Business Property Insurance: Covers Physical assets such as contents, improvements to your gallery or studio (decorations and furnishings), computer hardware and equipment.
- Loss of Use: Covers loss of business income and extra expenses resulting from a covered loss.
- Employee Dishonesty: covers losses caused by your employees.
- EPLI Coverage: Covers losses resulting from employer harassment of employees.
- Additional Coverages can be included upon request.
- Art Galleries as well non-profit art galleries
- Art Dealers
- Libraries and Archives
- Corporate Collections
- Rare Books Stores
- Collectible Stores
- Antique Dealers
- Auction Houses
- Appraisers and Conservators
- Artists as well as Artist’s Studios